This is such a delicious dish and great for parties as it can be prepared in advance and takes just 10 minutes to fry the patties.
FRITTERS (Serving for 4-6 pax)
Cook 2 cups of quinoa in water or chicken stock in a covered pot for 15 -20 minutes.
Once it comes to a boil, turn down the heat to low and simmer covered.
1 cup of quinoa to 2 cups of stock.
Transfer the quinoa to a large bowl and allow to cool.
Fluff with a fork.
Add chopped spring onions, mint, parsley and the zest of one to two lemons to the cooled quinoa.
Add half to one cup of grated Parmesan.
Add one to two tablespoon of flour, salt and pepper and 2 eggs.
Chop 12 medium prawns with salt and pepper and 1 tablespoon of corn flour.
Add to Quinoa mixture.
Mix well and make into flat patties.
Coat the exterior of the patties with a little more flour.
Fry patties in olive oil .
– 3 large tablespoons of Mayo
– 1 tablespoon of sweet chilli sauce
– One teaspoon of instant coffee powder
– One to two teaspoons of sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
– One to two clove of crushed garlic raw or lightly fried
– One teaspoon of truffle oil (optional )
– If the consistency is too thick add one to two tablespoons of cold water or more until you get the consistency you want